2 Simple and Essential Stay-In-Bed Ab Exercises for Beginners: Committing to a regular exercise routine can be extremely difficult if you’re in love with your mattress. Some days, it can feel like nothing’s worth getting out of bed for, and the best course of action is to just stay comfortable as you stream the latest Chappelle special on Netflix.
Well, what if we told you that you don’t have to get out of bed to start developing your abs?
As a soft and spacious horizontal surface, your mattress is not just for sleeping. It can also provide ample and comfortable support for certain ab and core strengthening exercises:
The Double Leg Drop:
A Natural Remedy for Hitting Snooze
Hitting the snooze button when the alarm goes off is one of the ways in which your mattress keeps you in its soft, comfy embrace instead of letting you get up and be active during the day. But you can combat this lethargic spell with one of the simplest and easiest ab exercises ever:
- Bonus points if you’re already lying on your back on your mattress.
- Scooch your butt over to the edge of your mattress. Just use the side of the mattress so you don’t have to scooch all the way to the bottom.
- Plant your hands and arms down and firmly on the bed for support.
- Raise both legs straight up towards the sky.
- Tighten your core and straighten your legs without rounding your back.
- Slowly lower your legs until it’s halfway to the floor, moving from a 90 to a 45-degree angle. Hold this position for a second or two and then raise your legs back straight up.
- Doing 5 to 12 reps is a good start. Just increase the number of repetitions later as you develop endurance. Also, holding the position while your leg is lowered to 45-degrees is a good way to raise workout intensity.
A Universal Core and Upper Body Exercise
Planks are awesome because anyone (without an upper body or arm injury) can do them.
- Assume push-up position on your bed. If this is too difficult, you can do a forearm plank; it will have the same effect but with less intensity.
- Whether you’re putting your body weight on your hands or on your forearms, make sure that your body forms a straight line from your shoulders down to your ankles.
- Tighten your ab muscles into your torso and keep a straight back.
- Hold this position as long as you can but not necessarily to the point of muscle failure.
- If you can only hold the position for 5 to 10 seconds, that’s okay. Keep doing it until you can hold it for much longer. Soon you’ll be holding the position for an entire minute.
staying in bed doesn’t mean you have to give up on your dreams of having the perfect beach-ready abs. Keep doing these two simple but essential ab exercises and you’re bound to see some definition soon.
Use a waterproof mattress protector and lay down some fresh towels to protect your mattress from swear.
5-Minute AB Exercises in Bed!
Three Exercises You Can Do In Bed. Wake Up For Your Day!
2 Simple and Essential Stay-In-Bed Ab Exercises for Beginners
bed exercises for stomach, bed exercises to lose weight, bed exercises video, exercise in bed before sleeping, bed exercises for elderly, lying down exercises for weight loss, bed exercises for legs, exercises to do in bed to lose weight,